Saturday, March 08, 2008

Funny Field Trip

I had a fun/funny experience this week. I've been going to a new grocery store in Grand Prairie quite a bit lately. They have good weekly specials, a wonderful butcher shop, beautiful produce, and also a Thursday-Only-Specials section. The store is called El Rio Grande, so you can guess the nature of it. :o)
I've been sharing some of my 'deals' with people at work and have brought the sales flier in a time or two. Curiosity has been building, so I decided that I would treat David and Jeni to a field trip during our lunch time. Well, as luck would have it, the group of co-workers that had ordered Chinese food ended up without any because the weather was yucky and the restaurant ended up without a driver. Our little field trip doubled in size....3 of which are Hispanic.
Fortunately, the store also has an authentic Mexican-style lunch counter, so we all ate there, too. How funny it was for me to be the experienced shopper, orderer, and eater!
We've had a good laugh about how they never would have expected ME to be taking THEM to a place like that.
Well, I have my good friend Maggie to thank for exposing me to the wonderful foods and culture of El Rio Grande. It was a very fun and funny field trip.
Let's do it again! Y'all come.....

1 comment:

Kari said...

Mi hermana, usted es asombroso. Tal vez usted puede tomarme en un viaje de estudios en una cocina y enseñarme como cocinarme. No importa. ¡Sé que es una causa perdida!