Saturday, July 12, 2008

On the Road Again

Rick needed to get a job down to Matamoros quickly and economically before the weekend, so he was going to head out driving Wednesday night. I invited Aggie and I to go with him to see Double G and Granna, so we headed out about 9:30 pm. It was a pleasant trip down...I started reading a book outloud (Lincoln Lawyer) and lasted until we had about an hour and a half left. Just couldn't make it..... Kari and Gary flew in early Friday morning and we spent the day visiting and shopping. Rick met up with us and then we all had dinner at a nice steak buffet called Coyote Canyon. We will hang around for awhile today, then head back to Grand Prairie this afternoon. Kati and Ryan are flying in later this afternoon for their part in the DeLaney-hosted Summer Fun Times.
We will be home for a few days and then we'll head out Tuesday afternoon (driving) to get Scott in KY. There is a family/friend reception on Wednesday morning, time with him Wednesday afternoon and evening, graduation Thursday morning, then we'll probably head toward home Thursday later in the afternoon. Wow....I don't know if I want to add the miles we're logging on the odometers. Lol....good times, though. I wouldn't trade them for anything....unless it would be two free first class tickets to everywhere. :o)

1 comment:

--m.k.r. said...

you did not do a very good job listening to my advice to avoid the car as much as possible!! What a fun time though for you and rick to spend together, you empty-nesters! Hope you have a safe trip back.