Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Rick had great conversations with Erica, Matt, Jeff and Karlie today for Father's Day. It was a little hard not to be bummed by the fact that he didn't get to talk to Scott, however, thanks to our TERRIFIC kids, his mind didn't have much time to dwell on that. He was much too busy loving the time he had with each of them. Thank you, thank you!
After Church today, we went down to the UA parking lot for a Car Show and an Elvis Impersonator performing with his band. My cousin, Mickey Springston, is the lead guitarist for the band. I was anxious to re-connect with him and let him know how close we live, etc. (He is Aunt Marly and Uncle Bob's grandson; son to Mitch and Ruth.) He has worked/performed in Branson, Las Vegas, and for many headline entertainers. It was fun to surprise him. He had heard that Aunt Jodi and Uncle Don were in the area visiting and had tried to contact them. We exchanged #'s and hopefully we'll be able to get together again soon.
While at the Car Show, we also ran into an old friend that had just taken 1st Place Best in Category for his 1934 Ford Coupe (or something like that....) Wanna take a guess????? KEITH PIRTLE! It was fun to see him and congratulate him on his sharp looking burnt orange toy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathi,

So your last one is off to college..Boy do I feel your pain. Where is Scott going to school? I'd love to talk and have a good long chat!! I love these blogs. I don't have one but i live through everyone else's!!