Saturday, October 27, 2007

Seattle in the Summer '07

Recently, Erica was looking through many of the pictures I still had stored on my camera and she came across these pictures of our trip to Seattle. She was surprized at how much we did, what we saw, and who we were with. I realized then, what a slacker I've been about sharing our pictures and adventures with our family. We had a WONDERFUL time sharing Laura's reception with the Tamaki's and getting to be with Jeff and Lisa to celebrate their August birthdays. Lisa 'purchased' the boat trip for Jeff at a Relief Society Service Auction, and we were blessed to get to share it with them. This sweet couple from their ward, and their little girl spent HOURS with us on the water. He is a Seattle native and you can tell that the area is a deep part of him. He was a great guide. The time on the boat made me reflect the pace of life we sometimes feel trapped in and I took a number of deep-cleansing breaths to remind myself to relax and enjoy the peaceful beauty we beheld. I am grateful for those moments in this trip.
We were invited to Port Angeles to spend time with Terry, Pop, and Granny, too. With so much going on in their lives at that time, (wedding/reception in Utah, reception in Seattle, company, birthdays, AND moving....) I am amazed how they took the time to make us feel so special and welcome. We had dinner there with the newlyweds, his parents and family. It was fun blending all of us. Also, Terry and Lisa took Rick, Scott and me to Hurricane Ridge. It was beautiful, as you can tell from the pictures. Again, I experienced more of Heavenly Father's Natural Therapy Sessions.
We look forward to more good times....and I'll try to do better about sharing them. :o)

No comments: